- Highly qualified and experienced teaching staff.
- Teachers also play the role of mentors proving homely atmosphere for the holistic development of students.
- Teaching staff regularly attend workshops to update their knowledge.
- Our teachers actively engaged in training students for national level competitive exams like CET, NEET ….etc
- We start with the prayer to the almighty. Prayer is followed by short speeches and motivational thoughts by experts almost every day.
- We tend to happy moments of each individual by celebrating their birthdays or any of their significant achievement.
We represent one of the most sought of the colleges in south Bangalore. Last academic year(2015-2016) a feather in our campus was the achievement of Namitha (590/600) who secured the 6th State Rank in the PU Board exam. Deepthi Bhat and Meghana followed closely with the score of 583/600 and 582/600 respectively.
- Co curricular activities concepts exhibitions and competitions to expand the horizon of learning.
- Activities based learning of connects of science and commerce is regular practice in our campus.
- Environment day, Ozone day, Cultural fest Ethnic day, Children’s day, Literary fest, Vigilance awareness day, Inaugural and Graduation day are just a few to mention where students bring out their talents and exhibit their interest fervently.
SPORTS AT SGPTA
- SUCHIPUTTARAJU a student of 2nd PUC PCMB is an established International Swimmer having won bronze in ASIAN Games held in THAILAND.
- DHANUSH a student of 1st PUC PCMB is budding international swimmer.
- ANAGHA a student of 1st PUC PCMCs pursues YOGA seriously despite the busy academic schedule.
- ANUSHA a student of 2nd PUC Commerce is preparing for national level athletic meet to be held in April 2017.
- GAGAN of a student of 1st PUC PCMCs is proficient Chess player appearing for many tournaments.
- MANISH, CHETHAN, and SIDDARTH are our college representatives for state level Basket Ball tournaments.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
- LAVANYA SANJEEV performed Bharatnatyam dance recital in Tiruvarur Temple.
- Our alumnus NAVYA SUDHINDRA is a very well known Bharatnatyam artist.
- Our students SHILPA B S and PRAJNA U BHAT have been finalists at reality shows on TV like SA RE GA MA PA.
- CHETHAN a Computer Science student is interested in DRAMA .He has produced a short film and is an active member of a well known drama troupe.
GIVING BACK TO SOCIETY
A new way of helping poor students was devised for the first time in our college. Called the One Rupee Revolution, it was very successful in the past two years with each student contributing just one rupee everyday.
We are committed to be an exceptional school and make a positive difference to every student's academic career. The School, apart from core academics, intends to imbibe a sense of being Human; compassionate towards the social community and the nation in general.
We provide a sustained, enriching, learning environment that engages students. Holistic, value based self-development programmes provide life skills that forms the nucleus of our affirmative learning environment. The School values Compassion, Respect, Justice, Equality and is striving for Human Excellence.
SGPTA High school education with modern facilities of the highest order. Though located amidst the din of the city and surrounded by a residential hub; it’s a haven for education in the truest sense. Aesthetically well planned infrastructure with a congenial environment catering to the present day needs of the students.
Spacious, well-ventilated classrooms reflect the right ambience in terms of comfort enhancing the learning procedures reinforce through multimedia and digital images presented in smart boards. Well-equipped Computer labs housed in a separate block enable tech-savvy students to explore further.
The general aims of primary education are:
- To enable the child to enjoy his childhood and to release his potential as an individual.
- Enabling the child as a social being through social learning and contributing to the betterment of society.
- Create a curiosity in a child of learning.
Our primary school puts special emphasis on holistic assessment to support learning.
Assessment is an important aspect for both learning and teaching process.It emphasizes on the development of skills and values, as well as the knowledge gain to enable the child for gaining confidence.This also develop a stronger desire to learn. With holistic Assessment, our schools is moving beyond exams marks and are using assessment to find new methods and approach that supports the child’s learning and development process like engaging teaching methods.
- Fine Motor Skill Activities
- Block Building, Wooden Puzzles, Number Puzzles, Animal Puzzles, Abacus , Animal Shapes, Building Towers, Rainbow puzzles, etc...
- Large Motor Skill Activities
- Games ( Sliding, Jumping, Swinging, Climbing, Running, Balancing, etc.)
- Music and Dancing.
- Action Rhymes.
- Inter Personal Skills
- Sharing and Caring.
- Group Activities.
- Team Work.
- Formal Work
- 1 – 20 – numbers recognition, orals and writing.
- A to Z – Capital letters recognition, orals and writing.
- Pronouncing words which start with the alphabets, recognition of related pictures.
- Recognition of colors, shapes.
- Understanding the words like in-out, fast-slow, up-down, hard-soft, stop-go, wet-dry, happy-sad, etc.
- Creative Work – Coloring, Drawing, Craft work
- Story Telling Sessions
Finding the right school is all about finding the right environment for a child and we at SGPTA SCHOOL with the same goal in mind.
The administration and faculty are strongly driven by our mission statement which strives to create a safe and compassionate environment where students optimize their learning, and are happy, productive citizens. Admissions are given on the basis of performance of the applicant in the entrance test that will be conducted for primary, middle and high school. Admission formalities should be done within three days after the allotment of seats.
- Pay and collect Application form from administrative office.
- Fill in the form and submit it to the office.
- Make an appointment with the Principal for the placement test/interview.
- Collect admission note from the Principal and proceed to pay school fees and hand over completed application form with the following documents to the office:
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Original transfer Certificate.
- Original of last year report card.
- Two stamp size photographs.
- Photo copy of Adhar Card.
Our teachers are given regular training through workshops and empowerment programs to enhance their teaching skills further so as togive the best to student community. Since its inception, the institution has taken huge strides towards excellence in all spheres of education. Regular upgrading of the facilities and facilities is a top priority with the management. The backbone of the institution is the innovative, versatile and technologically advanced curriculum. Excellence is more than a motto here.